I have done all the dishes. Every single dish that’s ever existed has been washed by my hands. I feel as though my entire quarantine has been spent slaving over the kitchen sink. Yesterday, after telling my husband for the 36th time that I’m never washing a dish again, I realized that it’s because I’m making so many meals. Too many meals that only serve one or two.
I threw this together yesterday because I wanted something hearty and with multiple servings. This way, when my husband asks what “we” are doing for lunch or dinner, I can direct him to the casserole pan in the fridge instead of screaming “DO YOU THINK I’M YOUR MAID?!”
I’m a catch.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 jar salsa (I use medium restaurant style)
- 1/2 can refried beans
- 1 can corn
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups crushed Fritos
Directions (serves 8)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large pan, fully cook the ground beef & drain the fat.
- Pour in seasoning packet & corresponding amount of water in the directions.
- Dump in salsa, refried beans, and corn. Over medium heat, slowly combine until everything is a fairly thick consistency.
- Pour into a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Top with shredded cheddar first, then the crushed Fritos
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes, just enough for the cheese to melt.
Reheating: This is not best reheated in the microwave because the chips get soggy. Try reheating in the oven at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes.