“There has never been a sadness that can’t been cured by breakfast food.”
If you don’t like breakfast, I don’t trust you. If you won’t immediately agree to an IHOP run at any point, we cannot be friends. If you’ve ever skipped a free breakfast buffet, don’t even talk to me.
I understand that my passion for breakfast may be baffling, but I will not apologize. I guarantee my last meal will be a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich. I would sell my soul for biscuits and gravy. Have I made my point? Are you annoyed with me yet? Yes? Oksorrypleaseloveme. The recipe below is delicious, easy, and cheap. It’s perfectly balanced, and you can customize it to your liking in so many ways. I make this on Sunday, and it feeds me the whole week!
- 4 cups cubed bread (I used 2 leftover hoagie rolls)
- 8 strips bacon
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray or butter a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Fry up your bacon & set aside.
- Cube bread you’d like to use. I ripped up a few hoagie rolls until they covered the bottom of the pan. You can use a baguette, croissants, or sandwich bread. As long as it covers the bottom of the pan, you’re good!
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper & grated parmesan cheese.
- Crumble up the bacon, and scatter it over the bread in the pan.
- Pour your egg mixture over the bread & bacon. Top with shredded cheddar.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Cut into the middle to ensure the eggs are set, and there’s no liquid pooling at the bottom of the pan.
Notes: You can add just about anything to this. Sausage, ham, spinach, mushrooms, peppers, whatever your breakfast-loving heart desires. Do you, boo.